Saturday, March 8, 2008

Talking in my work

I worked in a supermarket so I had many colleagues to talk with. Today was a fine day so Jason and I talked something about the weather in Calgary. He said the weather in Calgary changed quickly and advised me to prepare. He said “Today is so sunny but tomorrow may rain a lot and rather cold.” I said to him that the weather in Calgary is a little similar to my hometown. Both of them had a long winter and it was not hot in summer. That was the reason why I could live here without much trouble. He and I both liked winters. He said he liked playing hockey games, skating and skee in winters. He also told some interesting thing when he played. Maybe I would try them in the future. They seemed to be good exercises and could make a lot of fun. I felt better when I talked with native speakers. I found I cold follow him when he spoke. Even when I could not understand some words I could guess their meanings. I could also build up my self-confidence when I was talking with them.

No comments: