Friday, April 11, 2008

University in Calgary

Today I visited my friend Bob. He had been in Calgary for 2 years and now he was a student of University of Calgary. We talked about something about university. He said studying in university in Canada was not as restricted as in China. I agreed with him. I said when I studied in China’s university I had to get up at 6 in the morning and punched my card every weekday . I also had a lot of homework to hand in every week. He said studying here was free and he could choose his class and his teacher. But he said it was not a good thing sometimes. Once he forgot to take a test because he did not check his email but in China teachers would inform every student and the all the students in university had exams in the same day. “There is no good or bad, it is only some difference.” That was my conclusion. Thanks to the conversation I knew something about the university in Canada and I understood it was a good idea to prepare before I entered a university.

No comments: