Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Food

Today my mother was not busy and she also wanted to practise her English so we had a talk after today’s dinner. Because I used to work in a deli my mother asked me something about cooking Canadian food. I said Canadian ate meat a lot especially chicken. I had cooked many kinks of chicken. Most of the dishes were full of meat but only one was vegetable and one was rice. My mother said in China we usually ate vegetable and meat half to half. That was more nutritional. I said although we could many Chinese restaurants in Calgary but they were not real. Only in China we could eat Chinese food. We also talked some traditional food in China and some favourite food. I missed them a lot! I wished I would go back to my home to have a big dinner. It was really hard to speak English between two Chinese but we managed to do that. I believe this kind of practice was necessary because it was useful for us to communicate in English.

No comments: